- Social Media Safety
- Personal Safety & Security Awareness for Men & Women in the Workplace
- Social Worker Safety
- Travel Safety & Security Awareness
- REALTORS® and REO Brokers
- Lone Worker Safety Training
- Home Safety Training
- Student Safety:Women in Middle School, High School & College
- Workplace Violence Prevention & Security Consulting
- Student Safety.School Assembly Workshops
- Contact Us
Student Safety:Women in Middle School, High School & College
- Your daughter is in middle school, high school or off to college very soon. Have you provided her with the knowledge and skills that she needs to avoid crime, especially assault and violent crime?
- The Department of Justice states that for every ten thousand women on a campus, about 350 will be the victim of a sexual assault per year. Over 13% of women in college state they have been stalked and most by someone they knew.
- The most vulnerable years in a woman’s life are her time spent in college.
- Give your daughter the tools and skills she needs to maximize her personal safety as she leaves home and navigates her world alone for the first time.
- The class addresses student safety issues facing young women on or off high-school or college campuses during their daily activities.
Women of middle school, high-school and college ages
Contact us about this class in webinar format
- The Clery Act: Choosing and familiarizing yourself with a new campus.
- Understanding the victim selection process & what makes you an easy target.
- Crime as a planned process. What elements need to be in place for it to occur?
- Being smart and safe with Social Media
- Elevators, parking lots & “fringe” areas. (Parking Lot Safety Video)
- Alcohol and common “Predatory Drugs”: What they are and how to avoid them.
- Safe Dating: Inappropriate acquaintance/date behavior.
- Dating abuse, dating violence & stalking
- Dormitory and housing security considerations
- Three role playing packages in boundary setting and assertiveness
- Dealing with questionable strangers in isolated areas
- Inappropriate touching by an acquaintance at a party
- Inappropriate touching or advances when studying or alone with a male acquaintance / friend
What others are saying:
“Overlake Hospital was pleased to host a training for Mothers and Daughter this past fall. The curriculum was pertinent, examples current and Larry Kaminer is a talented instructor capable of engaging both the adults and the 14 year olds. The Personal Safety Training Group is motivated, flexible and creative in it’s mission to build awareness and safety for women in our community and we look forward to hosting this class again during the coming year”
Family Education Coordinator, OVERLAKE Hospital Medical Center, Seattle, WA
Dating Violence is no different from Domestic Violence -Some statistics on Dating Violence