- Personal Safety and Situational Awareness Training for Front Desk Professionals
- Personal Safety for Case Managers and Home Health Caregivers
- Social Media Safety
- Personal Safety & Security Awareness for Men & Women in the Workplace
- Social Worker Safety and Situational Awareness Training
- Travel Safety & Security Awareness
- Lone Worker Safety and Situational Awareness Training
- REALTORS® and REO Brokers
- Home Safety Training
- Student Safety:Women in Middle School, High School & College
- Workplace Violence Prevention & Security Consulting
- Student Safety.School Assembly Workshops
- Contact Us
Travel Safety & Security Awareness
- Most of us are aware that there is inherent risk in traveling, especially abroad.
- Professionals in the security and executive protection arenas are consistently frustrated with how few business travelers actually engage in some form of situational awareness training to mitigate risk.
- These risks range from petty theft to armed robbery, carjacking, abduction, kidnap for ransom and hotel room invasions .
- Travel safety training provides specific knowledge enabling the traveler to more readily recognize and avoid potential problems while obtaining the skills necessary to better handle situations that might arise.
- Those who travel abroad with some basic situational awareness training in place are typically at lower risk in an increasingly turbulent and dangerous world.
This class addresses the issues of safety while traveling within the United States or internationally on business, vacation, school functions, athletic events and mission work.
For all travelers
- 90 minute to 3 hours
- International / Higher Risk Destinations – Full Day
- Also available as a live webinar
Topics/Issues Covered Include:
- Apathy, complacency and denial; the barriers to awareness and preparedness
- Pre- trip planning, itinerary considerations & hotel room selection
- Travel risk assessment as part of travel safety planning
- Incongruent presentation. Why is that person carrying that large bag wearing a ski jacket in the summer?
- Social Media and Location Based Services as a vulnerability
- Communication planning
- Vetting ground transportation.
- Maintaining awareness & focus in unfamiliar and disorienting environments
- Blending in. When I cant blend in?
- The importance of body language when there is a language barrier
- What to do when approached by a stranger & recognizing “set ups”
- Safe transition between meetings, hotels, airports & other destinations
- “Express kidnappings”, carjacking, the “predatory drugs” and other crime trends
- Understanding and preventing hotel room invasion robberies
- A shooting at the mall. What to do? Where to go?
- Understanding and disrupting the victim selection process
- Corporate relocation considerations
- Use of the STEP program, Smart Traveler app and other resources